I arrived in San Jose last night with my dad. I saw some familiar faces from the Magic Island thing on the flight as well. Right now I'm at the Marriott Fairfield Inn or something and I'm pretty much done with the day even though its about 4:00 PM. I've got pretty much everything for my dorm and I move in tomorrow. I went to Costco to buy my fridge and a hot water heater, Target to get bedding and supplies, and bath stuff, Best Buy to get nothing, Walmart to get a mouse, surge protector, and Office Depot to get a lamp & supply holders for my desk. I wanted to leave the fridge at Santa Clara before I got back to the hotel, since it 4.4 cubic feet and kind of builky, so we drove there ( only 3 mins away) and found out that we couldn't get in. I was pretty pissed since my dad didn't even bother to look around or ask someone where we could leave the fridge. I wish my mom had come with us since she isn't as stubborn and is more carefree. It's really true that men can't ask for directions. So after we found that the door was locked, we went back into the car and drove back to the hotel.
Today I realized that my dad is getting old, even though he's at the ripe young age of 45 or 46. So we were driving when some PTG lady calls my dad's cells about my little sisters some kind of picnic and my dad tell her to call my mother since he is away at the moment, and he asks me, "What's mommy's number?" so I say, naturally, "Are u kidding me??" Apparently that made hi upset because he gave me this face like I'm Going to Slap You Right Now face. So I told him the number. So when he gets off the phone he's like Marcia if you're upset you should go to sleep, I hope you don't treat your roommate bad when you're upset or you're gonna have problems. I don't say anything because that statement was just absurd in my mind. So I repeat, "You really dont know Mom's number??" And he's like YES I DONT KNOW MOMS NUMBER. even colleen's i dont know all i do is punch in the button on my phone and it calls. You know i cant remember a lot of things now. When I was a kid I could remember all these kinds of numbers but now I can't." And of course this makes me feel really bad because just earlier I had asked my dad if he was deaf since he couldn't hear the GPS. The thing is that I have always thought of my parents as young and I have only had to worry about my grandparents, but now i know that my dad is old and I should treat him with a lot more respect. that's the lesson for today kids!
I'm moving in tomorrow and I'm pretty excited, but still kind of mad at the school for not allowing us to move in or put bulky stuff somewhere earlier. Oh well. I feel like eating Chili's tonight. I had Denny's last night and Micky d's this morning. I feel AMerican.
Fears...
-
I realize that its been a very very long while since I've posted an update,
close to a year and a half since I posted...sad really. I even stopped
using my...
15 years ago
1 comment:
ahhhh. yeah I worry about my parents getting older but strangely it doesn't make me want to respect them more haha :x
Well, good luck with your move in!
Post a Comment