Meebo

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Random Update

So since I got back to school after winter break I've started experimenting with alcohol more routinely. It started with ski trip in which I played my first game of Trumps...with drinks. It was just jungle juice and tasted completely fruity yet there was hard liquor in it. Last Friday after midterms, I went with my friend to a huge block party and then a small house party. We had gin, merlot, vodka, and coke to chase it down with. That was the first time I got completely wasted. That same night I ended up hanging out in someones room eating Taco Bell at 1 in the morning with 2 guys that I met at the party. Yesterday I went with the same friend and her suitemates to a frat house party. Same thing. Drunk people everywhere. Yelling. Music. Ping pong balls bouncing.

I have to admit that drinking is fun. It makes everything funny. I couldn't stop laughing. I laughed at everything. I laughed at my friend opening the fridge looking for more booze. I laughed at guys skipping around with their bags of Taco Bell. I laughed at the elevator door closing in my friend's face. This was the experience I had the first time I got drunk.

After that I started to question why I did it. And I did it because I wanted to know from first hand experience what it felt like. Prior to that I only had sips of stuff and not really being affected by it. Now that I know what it feels like I really do not have a reason to want to do it again, except maybe to just laugh? But that's not a valid reason because a sugar high can get me laughing at things too without killing my brain cells.

Last night after just one shot of vodka and cranberry juice I felt like I was just drinking to fit in. Because everyone else was doing it. I was being the sterotypical dumbass-'let's get wasted' college student. I threw away my cup and wanted so badly to leave. So my friend and I did leave early. I hate feeling like I'm doing things just to fit in. I do not like the taste of alcohol. The way it burns as it travels down my throat. I liked the feeling of bliss the first time, but that was just because it was all new and foreign and kind of exciting to me. I'm not the type of person that will party every Friday night. That's just not me. I am not the stereotypical college student. But I am also not one to religiously refuse alcohol. So I will drink when I feel I need to relieve stress and want to have fun, but not just to fit in and be one with the party scene.

Anywho. These are my thoughts.

Margaret Cho is pretty damn funny. Youtube Asian American.

Things that I want to make myself a happier person

1. A boyfriend for Valentines day
2. Christmas lights for my dorm room.
3. A faster metabolism
4. More pillows and cushions

3 comments:

Nikki ! said...

for me:

Christmas lights : check
Pillows : Totoro, check.

"that's not a valid reason because a sugar high can get me laughing at things too without killing my brain cells."

well fucking said.

I'm not a drinker really. Most of the time it tastes like shit. I guess people enjoy loosing their good judgment. Trust me, it's way more fun to go sober and take incriminating photos of the drunkers and then make fun of them.

To drink to fit in is lame. To drink to loose control and "relax" indicated significant problems with yous psychological condition. To drink for the rush... Drink 10 red bulls.

Nikki ! said...

*would indicate ... with your...

can't type >.<

yeah, but now that you've done it, then you can move on. I mean, everyone does it in college, it's just who stays with it I guess.

blerg said...

haha, marcia...i cannot imagine you drunk but i tried to anyway. i'm glad you've figure out where you stand with the whole alcohol thing though.

i just came back from a wedding last night and they had an open bar at the reception (the groom is rich so everything was free) and my cousin wanted to try a bunch of stuff cause she didn't have to pay for it. i didn't really drink, just had a couple sips (but realized i don't really like the taste of alcohol). i tried white wine, champagne, and an apple martini. i thought it was funny that the bartender didn't even ask for any IDs. when i was waiting for my cousin to order, he asked me if i wanted anything too. but yeah, the point is i don't really know what drinking is really like so it was interesting to read your post.

i agree with nicole by the way..."it's way more fun to go sober and take incriminating photos of the drunkers and then make fun of them" anyway, it's alright. now you are experienced.