Meebo

Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF.

This week was so stressful. I kicked off my weekend with a flu shot ($27). I haven't gotten sick once since coming to Santa Clara, but I figure I should get it for preventative measures, and so I did. I feel so tired, yet I do not feel like sleeping at all. I only had 5 hours of sleep last night. Well I am listening to my Zune right now and it's making me happy.


Reasons why a zune is better than an iPod

1) There's radio

2) You can send songs wirelessly to your other Zune friends

3) 30 Gigs for half the price

4) Microsoft!

5) Awesome Indian customer service


By the way speaking of Indian I'll do another movie review


SLUM DOG MILLIONAIRE

I saw this movie online last weekend and was shocked at how horrific things were in India. The movie was filmed so well that I might even actually see it again on the big screen. It's such an eye opening movie because you don't think about those kind of things happening there, or at least I dont. The movie is about these two orphan brothers who become hustlers (MIA's Paper Planes song is in one of the scenes and I was surprised at how well it went with it). At first they were both taken in by this big bad guy who trains orphaned kids to become panhandlers. So there's this one kid who sings really well, and the big bad guy makes the kid blind so that when he begs for money while singing he can make twice as much. Well the two oprhan brothers escape from the big bad guy upon seeing how wax being poured into the kid's eyes, and they go do their own hustling in the touristy part of India. Later one of the brothers end up on India's version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and wins the big bucks. He is accused of cheating, but he knew all the answers from the experiences that he went through. So you should see this movie, plus it was nominated for a lot of awards.

3 comments:

blerg said...

i had wanted to watch slumdog millionaire since i first heard about it, but never did. now, i feel like it's getting sooo overrated. and everyone was saying that it's such an underdog film, but it's won a lot of awards already. i'm sure it's a really good movie, but i think there are some other really great movies too that also deserve to win. idk, if i want it to win best picture.

sorry about that, i just felt compelled to say it. anyway, i'm excited for the oscars! my T.A. is going; i'm so jealous!

Christi said...

Vaness: It's actually a great, wonderful movie. For me, the cinematography captured me; it is definitely innovative and new. I found the ending to be a bit unsatisfying, but it's because Americans are so used to violent, unsettling endings.

Oh, and I love Apple beeteedubs. I have a Blackberry, and I am actually very irritated with how "Windows" it is. It decided to delete my whole call log, text messages, and voice mails the other day. And I saved some good stuff on my voicemail. :(

Nikki ! said...

Yeah so I'm the film student here, and I haven't see Slumdog. There's great debate in my class, but I haven't been moved to see it, most of them weren't as impressed.

And MAC FTW!!!