Meebo

Friday, October 3, 2008

College bollege schmollege

I'm really used to living here now. I don't feel homesick at all. There are a lot of Hawaii people at Santa Clara. I joined a couple of clubs and am going to do intromural tennis. The only bad thing is that I am playing womens singles. So I will get wooped, but hopefully I will get better. I joined Rotaract, the ASian Club called APSU (we're going to eat hot pot tomorrow), the Hawaiian Club, and Salsa Club. I'm joining all these clubs so that hopefully I won't ever be bored.

So I turned 18 last week. My suitemates bought me a fish bowl for my fish that I won from the APSU club booth. It is unnamed. Nicole sent me this USB flash drive with Hawaiian music in it. Thanks, it was really moke...just my style :D

College isn't as different as I thought it would be. I think that one of the fundamental differences between high school and college is alcohol. That's about it, oh and the fact that it's like a long ass sleepover. My classes are not as challenging as I thought they would be, but I'm not complaining. My suitemates are aight maybe a bit spoiled, but I'm closest to my roommate. She's super nice and her mom made us flan today.

Today our floor of the dorm went to Sky High a place filled with trampolines where u can jump, play dodgeball, or even jump into a foam pit...not as exciting as it sounds, but it was a good cardio workout.

Speaking of cardio workout, I try to go to the gym every other day since it is right across from my dorm. I'm adopting a healthier lifestyle here. There's a lot of healthy foods in the cafe and its not that bad at all.

As for the social life....well I'm meeting people from classes. A lot of the engineers in my dorm have the same classes. So I guess that's good. I see familiar faces from Maryknoll too here and there at the Hawaii Club like Matt and Krisha. People are generally friendly...on the outside at least. the Hawaii club had a party at a frat house called Hawaii House, but I did not attend. I hang out with my roommate a lot and also some kids from HBA....they were also captains of their math teams...so we have that in common -___- u must be thinking LAME...yeah i know. but i mean people are kind of cliquey even though theyre nice...its like high school! the iolani kids only hang out with other iolani kids. the punahou kids hang out with other punahou kids. and i hang out with the PAC-5..ish. hehe. well the hawaii people are close to each other. like an isolated sect. only short asians. and they have their own social gatherings, separate from the white mainland kids. So it's like I'm still in Hawaii if you know what I mean.

So there's a guy that I secretly have a crush on who is smart, funny, nice, & cute. He's in most of my classes but we hardly talk :(

I need fuzzy slippers and maybe some cozy boots, possibly Uggs. It's getting a bit cold ...about 58 degrees in the morning. I think I'm acclimatizing to the coldness.

I'm going to tell my sister to send me snacks like mochi crunch. I want to take the train to San Francisco one day, but I first need to find a group of close friends.

3 comments:

Nikki ! said...

it was 47 degrees yesterday D:

I'm surpised it gets as low as 58 in cali!

well I sounds like you're having fun, and I think you're gonna have an awesome year :)

and how did you find a crush already?!
I totally want to just pick one, but I seriously do not like anyone here :p

bummer. haha.

your school sounds like funfunfun!

and this weekend I plan to eat in my dorm alone, the 5 dollar footlong that I've been eating for 3 days. :p

i'm happy that you like it there :)

Nikki ! said...

ps: I note your yellow backpack is still in use! :D it's your trademark!

karen said...

Jansport bags 4 lyfe!